Tuesday, January 6, 2009

CHRISTMAS IS FOR GIVING

I love Christmas, it is such a special time of year to celebrate.
The true meaning of Christmas for me is giving to others.
This year our family had a wonderful opportunity to give
Christmas to one my daycare families that have
been a little down on their luck.

As we began preparing for this I seen such a unity,
love and kindness in our children.
Each little act of providing for this family grew
with excitement for the big day that we
would be delivery the gifts.

On Christmas Eve Day, we took the gifts
to their home and left them on the doorstep.
Wondering as we left the excitement this family
would have. (Needless to say the older
son came out as we drove off, seeing us)

It was so neat to watch our children share in the
excitement of giving to others.

When the little girls returned to daycare
this week they were so excited to
tell me that they had Christmas after all.
Yes, their mom had figured it out it was us.

The mom handed me a thank you card. It reads as follows

We justed wanted to let you know that
what you did was so special.

Our family had the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER.
There are no words
to be able to thank you enough.

We really did enjoy everything, and that will stay with us forever.

Our family has been so touched by giving to this family.
Tears have filled my eyes and my heart
has been full for the joy that I have
seen in our family by giving to others.















No comments: