Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fun at the Adams Reunion...

It has been a tradition as long as I can remember
that every year in April we have the
Adams Family Campout.
It is always so much fun to see all the aunts, uncles,
cousins, etc.... Each year one of my mom's
siblings and their family are in charge.
This year Uncle Chet and Aunt Clea was in
charge. They did a great job and a big thanks for
all their family that was there to help them.

We have always left it open for those who
want to camp can and some just come up
for the day. It is always great to be together.

Lonnie and Konner went up Friday afternoon and
got camp ready for us. Well some people says it is
not camping the way I camp... but what can
you say for the city girl RV all the way.
Kassi, Karli and I came up later that evening
and Lonnie had dinner waiting for us. What a great
hubby catering to his Queen and Princesses

Konner, Kassi and Karli


Nothing like sharing the tunes.... One Ipod, 2 earphones
and one great tune... PRICELESS!


Lonnie Kristopher and David waiting for the raffle to start.

Karli what a special girl...


I think there is a deer in those trees... Whoops
Konner it must be.


Dad and Curtis talking hunting stories.


Why not have a picnic and enjoy the beautiful weather
Kassi, Karli, Brittany and Kristopher.


Sid supervising the Kiddos


We always knew that Kristopher was the "Dunce"
Sporting his new pinata hat.


Laney Nance you sweetie!


Konner swinging at the "Big Kid Pinata"



Addy hitting the little kids pinata


Addy so sad she didn't break it.



Uncle Leonard's baby girl Gaylynn with her
niece Andee(outside) Gaylynn's daughters,
Dusti, Kimbre and friend David



Aunt Mettie (82) and Uncle Chet(86)
my mom's oldest living silblings.



My mom Shirley and Uncle Chet
my mom is the baby..


Charolette and Aunt Clea .


Best of all was the "SNIPE HUNT"
that grandpa Ken took the kids on Saturday night.
All the kids were so excited when they got back to
camp to share all their Snipe hunting stories. I think the
one story that really impressed everyone was
Karli being bit by one..... Let it be
the end of the story.

The Smores' and campfire stories
are always so fun and I love my
children to hear about my parents, grandparents
aunts, uncles and family and their lives.

I love to go to this reunion every year
it is so much fun and we have such
a strong family bond. I have a special place
in my heart for all my mom's sibling.
My Grandma Adams was such a wonderful woman
and raised a special family.

1 comment:

Turleygirl said...

I had no idea you were related to all of these great people. I grew up in ShowLow so I know alot of them. Clea was my elementary librarian. She was thee best story teller. I worked for Dr. Adams when I was just out of high school. His brother was one of my teachers in H.S. and his wife Genna was one of my babysitters. Oh, and Tom Welch was my seminary teacher. What a small world. You've got good genes Lisa.